Updated: Nov 9, 2020
You ever want to lose weight for an event ? A wedding? High school reunion? Or for an upcoming beach trip? This is the guide for you. Sometimes we need that extra boost to get those last 5 pounds off or to fit into those jeans. Here are my 10 tips to help you!
Cardiooooo. One of the easiest ways to lose weight is increasing cardio or making your cardio more effective. Typically, we run on treadmill or do another cardio machine at a steady pace for a set amount of time. This will help you burn immediate calories and will mostly target carbs. For fat loss, we need to kick it up a notch by using HIIT. The great thing is that even after your done interval training, your body will still be burning fat. Did you know that walking on a treadmill will directly burn fat? You can even increase the incline to add more intensity. Add cardio sessions 4-5 times a week for at least 20 minutes (interval training) or 2-3 hours a day of moderate cardio (walking)
3. Cut the cheese. Dairy foods may seem like harmless manifestations of milk, but when you read the label, they tend to be high in calories, fat and sugar. Foods like cheese, ice cream and milk are some of those foods that you just cut out of if you are trying to lose weight fast. Supplement with Vitamin D or calcium supplement.
4. KISS. Keep it simple stupid. Don't try any elaborate recipes, keep your meals simple and easy.
5. Fat burning pills. Sometimes your body needs an extra boost to get your metabolism going and fat burning pills can help you do that. Fat burning pills are simply introducing your body to healthy fats, that will stimulate your metabolism. If you’re trying to lose weight these can help your body naturally drop a couple pounds. Make sure to read the labels of pills to ensure they are not high in, stimulants CHECK
6. Be diligent. Don't let people distract you or get you unmotivated. Make a plan and stick to it.
7. Your need to cut it. Overeating is a widespread epidemic that most people don’t even know they have. With food portions, plates, servings (and subsequently waistlines) getting bigger, overeating is the new normal eating. A great method is use smaller plates* when eating so you can consume less food. Measuring your food can also help you cut out the extra calories.
**this does not mean go back and get seconds. Keep your plates to 1 per meal
8. Steam it (or grill) When it doubt steam or grill it ! The quickest way extra calories add up is from cooking oils (olive, canola, vegetable) if you want to drop some lbs quickly cut out excess oils with these methods.
9. Eat in. You don’t have to attend every event or meeting or date that involves going to restaurants for food. Not only do restaurants give you bigger proportion sizes than you need, but the amount of salt, sugar and fat can exceed your recommended daily limit. In addition to restaurants that don’t accurately state their nutritional facts. If you’re trying to lose weight quickly, make your own foods and quit the restaurants!
10. Minimize salt. If you see the growing trend here, salt is your enemy when losing weight. Salt retains water, causes bloat and hypertension when you want to be slimmer cutting out salt is the fake changer. Try not adding or adding half as much salt as you would normally add!